Thuis / At Home (1996)
With tenants in Amsterdam
Having somewhere to live is essential to human happiness. Living somewhere means more than having a roof over your head. Living somewhere is creating a home. A home is a small part of the world where you can be yourself and do what you like.
AT HOME provides a light-hearted look at what ‘feeling at home’ means to people. In the heart of the summer in Amsterdam, several inhabitants are portrayed in their home surroundings. Among the tenants are young and old, single and families. The film is a collage of observations of life and statements about habits and rituals at home. The sober and observant style focuses on the inconspicuous story of everyday. AT HOME makes you realize that everyday events are a real part of life.
Producer: Frans van de Staak for Frans van de Staak Filmprodukties
Sound: Karel Evers
Music: Gijs Tra
Festivals and screenings
- 1996 IDFA (in competition)
- 1997 International Film Festival Rotterdam
- 1997 Nederlands Film Festival
- 1998 Rouen
- 1998 Nyons (Visions du Réel)
- In The Netherlands the film is broadcasted by the VPRO and sold to Canal+ . They broadcasted the film on the French television.
- In the Netherlands the film is distributed by the Filmmuseum.